Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2 weeks old

I just got back from Halas' 2 week check up. He is a healthy baby. In 2 weeks he has grown 3 more inches for a grand total of 23 inches and is now at 9 pounds 6 ounces. They said they typically would like to see babies back up to their birth weight at this point, so Halas is growing beyond expectations. His size is currently in the 99th percentile for babies his age.

Sydney is back to school this week and is doing really well adjusting and getting back into routine. She has been a great big sister and will be happy to tell you that she loves her brother soooo much!

I want to send a huge Thank You for all of the help we got from our family. Gene, Linda and Lori helped out with Sydney in the week before Halas was born and for the days that we were in the hospital. I know that Sydney appreciated the attention. My mom and dad were here when we got home from the hospital and were a great help in letting me get rest, watching Halas, and entertaining Sydney. Sydney even got to go on a treasure hunt with Papa B.

Steve is back to work. I am doing pretty well. I am just a bit tired and achy. Halas has been a great baby though. He rarely cries unless he really wants something. He goes about 2 - 3 hours between feedings and about every other night has went long stretches between feedings so that I can catch up on sleep. I don't know if I am just more relaxed this time around or if it is his personality but I don't remember Sydney being like this at all!

I hear him waking up so I better get going. I will try to post more pictures later.

Ang

No comments: